Long lead times for offshore components.
High service level requirements for key customers.
Shifting inventory between distribution centers based on changing demand.
Manufacturing inventory planning is more challenging than ever.
PlanningEdge helps you manage these challenges while simultaneously lowering your inventory levels and increasing productivity of your planning and purchasing teams.
"PlanningEdge not only understands the dynamics of inventory planning, but the dynamics of business. That means managing assets efficiently, but never losing sight of the need to service the customer."
-Peter Pavkovich, Director of Operations, ORR Corporation
Automate Demand Planning Functions
- ABC & XYZ inventory classification
- Calculation of supplier lead times
- Calculation of safety stock
- Forecasted demand based on historical sales, with seasonality detection
Automate Supply Replenishment
- Suggested purchase orders
- Work orders for manufacturing
- Transfer orders
You Turn the Dials
- Forecast by item/location or item/customer
- Service level by inventory classification
- Exclude exceptional demand with events (aka promotions) by customer or by order
- Set vendor minimums by order or by item
- Reduced inventory
- Reduced stock outs on high service level items
- Exception-based review substantially increases productivity for planners and buyers
- Forecast change audit report so you know who changed the forecast, when, and by how much
- More informed discussions with vendors with scorecards based on actuals